24 augustus 2010

Sweet pepper soup (Paprika soep) **

This afternoon I had my friend Karen over for lunch. And she really loved the soup that I had cooked and was asking me for the recipe. Therefore I have made an exeption by putting a recipe in English (easier for her) at my blog here.

This one's for you Karen!



Ingredients:

4 sweet peppers diced (1 red, 2 yellow and 1 orange)
3 peeled tomatoes diced
2 onions chopped
1 teaspoon of garlic paste (or 1 clove chopped)
2 tablespoons butter
some fresh basil leaves
some fresh ground black pepper
2 large beef bouillon cubes
Sour cream (125 gr.)

Preparation method:

Dice the peppers and the tomatoes. Chop the onions. Melt the butter in a stock pot, than quickly cook the onions by moving them around the pan with a wooden spoon or spatula. Add the peppers and the tomatoes. Also add the garlic.
Make a beef broth with the bouillon cubes and add this to the veggies. Season the soup with fresh ground black pepper, salt and some basil leaves.
Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes. Take a handheld blender and puree the soup in order to thicken it a little bit. Serve with a spoonful of sour cream in the middle of the soupdish and add one little leave of basil on top of the sour cream.
Enjoy!

1 opmerking:

Karen Obi zei

Els, I love your website...AND the soup. I will be sure to try it in my own kitchen. xoxo, Karen